About us
C/O Mindepartementet
Membership
Schools/Tours
Find us
Svenska
English
About us
"We have a vision of creating a new art platform centered on cutting-edge work and the creative process in all its forms – a space specialized in photography that introduces outstanding international artists to a wide audience in Sweden. In these challenging times, we believe that contemporary art can provide a deeper understanding of what is happening around the world and open up new perspectives."

Anna Eriksson and Estelle af Malmborg, founders of Mindepartementet Art and Photography

Estelle af Malmborg, Anna Eriksson

Mindepartementet Art and Photography on Skeppsholmen has taken over from Panoptikon Fotografins Hus and builds on and develops the important work of this long-standing institution. Fotografins Hus was founded in 2003 by Dorothea and Anders Flodin and was managed by Olof Glemme och Hans Hedberg between 2010 - 2015. The main focus lies on photography but other art forms are also represented. Mindepartementet Art and Photography works an interdisciplinary way with art, photography, food, philosophy, literature, and music.

Mindepartementet receives support from the City of Stockholm, the Stockholm County Council, and the Swedish Arts Council.
Contact
Address:
Mindepartementet Art and Photography
Slupskjulsvägen 26
111 49 Stockholm

Phone: 08-611 69 69
E-post:  info@mindepartementet.org

Our facilities
Mindepartementet was originally built in the 1730s as a storage space for the navy’s fresh-water barrels. In 1826/27 the building was converted into an artillery workshop. During the Crimean War from 1853 to 1856 naval mines started being used in earnest and the new weapon needed storage and workshops at the navy’s shipyard in Stockholm. In 1874 the building started being used as a mine workshop and office for the Mine Department, giving the building its current name. The Mine Department was in charge of the production and upkeep of the mines at the naval docks on Skeppsholmen. In 1969 the naval docks were discontinued. The National Defense Force’s Materiel Department and the Mine Bureau moved in and remained there until 1983. Since then a series of cultural organizations have been housed in the building.

Accessibility
We have several parking spaces for disabled visitors in close proximity. There is also space directly outside our entrance where mobility service vehicles can drop off their passengers. A ramp leads up to our entrance. We have an accessible toilet and no thresholds between the exhibition rooms. Strollers are permitted in the exhibition spaces. Lockers can be found in our lobby.
News